Recovery Mode doesn't work?

talhiri

May 4, 2014
Visit site
I have been attempting to fix my mom`s LG Nexus 4. It decided to brick up on her (just died a week ago)

- Possible water damage, if water can leak into the phone while lying on it's back through the speaker besides the LG logo. Has not been dropped.
- Possible melted chocolate may have seeped into phone through the speaker on the back as well. (Unknown if water/chocolate actually got into the internal bits or not)
- Recovery mode does not seem work
- Safe mode is the only way to boot up the phone

When I get the phone into recovery mode this is what shows on the screen:

fastboot mode
Product_Name - mako
HW version - rev_11
Bootloader verison - MakoZ30d
Baseband version - m9615A - CEFWMAZM-2.0.1700.98
Carrier Info - None
Serial Number - 0500d84added26d06
Signing - production
Secure Boot - Enabled
Lock State - Locked

The four options at the top of the screen: Start, Reset bootloader, Recovery mode, Power off > these just continulously blink and flash so you can not select an option.

I have managed to get the picture android lying on it's back with the no command symbol but I can't do anything from there, I spent 5 minutes holding the button. I did attempt a factory reset in Safe mode but that only wiped the contents.

rhea

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
Did you try the next step after Andy on his back with the red exclamation point (no command)?

While holding down the*Power*button, press the*Volume Up*button.
Use the volume buttons to scroll to "wipe data/factory reset" and press the*Power*button to select it.

You can find tear down videos on YouTube which will help you to find out if gunk is inside--if reset doesn't work.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

talhiri

May 4, 2014
Visit site
Going by the phone's reaction I think it may be internal issues, possibly gunk or something, as the volume buttons do not want to work, though the menu still flashes crazy busy. Thanks for your help

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Markizta