Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default HELP!! Nexus 4 Shutting Down Randomly

My phone had shut down intermittently (starting April 13) so I received a replacement (RMA) from Google. However, the same issue occurs with my replacement. I tried running it in safe mode, but it still shutdown. I then did a factory reset and avoided installing apps. It shutdown again!!! I'm so fed up. I've noticed that it shutdowns after being idle. I'll go do something, come back and it won't turn on. Google cannot send me a new replacement until the old case has closed (about 14 business days). Is anyone else having similar issues???

Default Re: HELP!! Nexus 4 Shutting Down Randomly

Ive noticed this while using snapchat.

Sent from my LG-D415 using Tapatalk
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

I only have WhatsApp installed.

Yes, I am having the same issues with mine. Have tried the reboot to safe mode and it functions for a while then starts again. Mine is running android 4.4.2 and I pray a software update will solve the problem
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by akbryant View Post
    Yes, I am having the same issues with mine. Have tried the reboot to safe mode and it functions for a while then starts again. Mine is running android 4.4.2 and I pray a software update will solve the problem
    I've called Google many times and they said that this hasn't been a widespread issue. I'm getting so frustrated. I hope update will fix the problem. Ugh!!!

When it shuts down, is the back really hot? Mine powered off the other day while navigating, and the back was almost too hot to hold.

Mine has been doing that alot. Also it has not been waking up from sleeping and I have to do the power/volume button power boot method to restart. I did a full factory reset and it still did random reboot. Never had a problem until last up date.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

I've read that this is a common problem when running the ART runtime in place of Dalvik...

Happened to me twice since the last update, I have since bought an alarm clock!

I installed an app called Safe Charge. My N4 never dies now when charging at night, though I still infrequently get the random shutoff when idle and not charging. That app was a life saver tho so I didn't have to buy an alarm clock!