HELP!! Nexus 4 Shutting Down Randomly
My phone had shut down intermittently (starting April 13) so I received a replacement (RMA) from Google. However, the same issue occurs with my replacement. I tried running it in safe mode, but it still shutdown. I then did a factory reset and avoided installing apps. It shutdown again!!! I'm so fed up. I've noticed that it shutdowns after being idle. I'll go do something, come back and it won't turn on. Google cannot send me a new replacement until the old case has closed (about 14 business days). Is anyone else having similar issues???
- 05-11-2014, 04:48 PM #2
- 05-12-2014, 11:26 AM #4
- 05-12-2014, 02:34 PM #6
- 07-20-2014, 12:30 PM #7
- 457 Posts
Re: HELP!! Nexus 4 Shutting Down Randomly
Mine has been doing that alot. Also it has not been waking up from sleeping and I have to do the power/volume button power boot method to restart. I did a full factory reset and it still did random reboot. Never had a problem until last up date.
Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
- 07-20-2014, 07:20 PM #8
- 07-21-2014, 12:28 PM #9
- 07-24-2014, 01:21 AM #10
- 03-23-2015, 02:52 PM #11
- 03-23-2015, 02:58 PM #12
^^^Welcome to the Nexus 4 forum.
Have you tried Safe Mode? It may be that your trouble is being caused by a third-party app. If the problem persists in Safe Mode, that possibility is discounted.
It may also be worth booting into Recovery and performing a Cache Partition wipe.
Also, do you have any reason to believe that your battery may be failing?
Posted via the Android Central App
- By dkhmwilliams in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 3Replies: 8Last Post: 01-04-2015, 10:16 AM
- By Robert Almaguer in forum Samsung Galaxy S5Replies: 8Last Post: 05-11-2014, 09:29 PM
- By Waterdroid in forum General News & DiscussionReplies: 1Last Post: 05-11-2014, 02:12 PM
- By dlin95123 in forum Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 0Last Post: 05-11-2014, 12:52 PM
- By aditya sehgal in forum Google Nexus 5Replies: 0Last Post: 05-11-2014, 11:54 AM