Nexus 4: Phone refuses to turn on even after battery change
Hey folks, I've run completely dry on ideas on how to fix my Nexus 4 so I turn to you. I have searched in every corner of google and tried anything I can think of to no avail. I've had the deep hibernation problem with my Nexus 4 for quite a while, but I've always been able to turn it back on again by holding the power button and volume down, but not this time...
Suddenly while charging my phone it turned off and was completely unresponsive, I tried every trick known to man:
- Leaving it on charge for ages
- Holding down power and volume down
- Holding down power and volume up to "simulate a battery pull"
- Open the phone and physically pull the battery and reconnect it
- Directly power the phone with my charger (Might not have done it properly)
- Directly charge the battery with a charger (Might not have done it properly)
- And finally bought a replacement battery and sadly that doesn't seem to work either...
When I hold the power button for however long, nothing actually happens but it does start blinking red if I hold the power button for a while and plug in the charger, but it stops blinking when I let go of power. When I left it on charge for about an hour suddenly the light turned solid red, but then disappeared a few minutes later and didn't return. I have absolutely no idea what could be the problem anymore and I'm starting to think I'll just have to throw it out and get a new phone whenever I can afford it...
I was running Paranoid Android and had never had any problem with it, so I don't think that is the cause either.
Any advice would be appreciated, I'm currently stuck with a terrible HTC Desire S that has a ****ed up touch screen and it's driving me nuts.