Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default nexus 4 battery problem

Hi. I just bought a brand new nexus 4 and 20% of my battery drains overnight. I put my phone on airplane mode and close all the runnings apps before I sleep. Please please help. Thanks!

Default Re: nexus 4 battery problem

Hey I have the same problem so just try to download the snapdragon battery guru app or just wait for android 4.4.3 which should improve the battery life...

Posted via Android Central App

Global Posts
    1,080 Global Posts
    ROM
    Beanstalk with Hells-Core

Default Re: nexus 4 battery problem

Quote Originally Posted by kostas lekkas View Post
    Hey I have the same problem so just try to download the snapdragon battery guru app or just wait for android 4.4.3 which should improve the battery life...

Posted via Android Central App
    Snapdragon Battery Guru is garbage, and 4.4.3 is an update only, most people note with it installed and running that battery life actually decreases or stays the same... and no significant underlying changes (like increases in battery life) are expected outside of some UI changes and minor bug fixes, and battery life isn't one of the "fixes" expected except for very unusual. specific situations.

The OP needs to install BBS, Wakelock Detector, or GSAM battery monitor and see what's sucking the battery, in airplane mode losing 80% battery over 8 hours means an app is misbehaving and holding the device awake or there are hardware issues. Once you know the culprit app, you can Greenify it or remove it.

EDIT: Wait, I misread that, the OP is losing 20% overnight, like 2.5% loss per hour? If that is the case you almost certainly have an app holding the device awake so it can't deep sleep, in airplane mode with all apps closed you should see 1%-1.5% per hour battery loss. Honestly, your best bet would be to charge it overnight or power off completely, boot time on this device is minimal.