Nexus 4 shuts down immediately after unplugged from charger

plshelp

May 29, 2014
Visit site
It was working fine all morning until I found it had shut down in my pocket around noon. I then tried to restart it but was only shown the google logo and start up animation before it shut down again. After trying around three times, it opened up to the lock screen and said that it was 9:00 AM January 1st, 1970. It then shut off again. I turned it on more than a dozen times all with same result as my first attempt until it finally brought me back to the lock screen. I was able to change the date and time and it seemed to be working fine for a while despite having the google logo form the start up flashing rapidly in the middle of the screen. It then shut off again and I wasn't able to get it to turn on past the google logo until it eventually wouldn't show anything at all. As soon as I went home I plugged it into the charger and turned it on. Success. I used it for a while testing it until the charge was close to 100%. As soon as I unplugged it, the phone shut off and wouldn't turn on again. When I plugged it in again and turned it on the charge was at 76%. This is the best description I can write as I honestly have no idea what to do. I'd greatly appreciate some help. Thank you!

coolqf

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
When a battery starts going bad the remaining juice isn't always reliable. I have an iPhone that would often turn off at around and 35% until I replaced the battery. It now works well.
I recently ordered a new battery for my nexus 4 and will be also replacing it.

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk

Jatin Patel5

Sep 7, 2015
Visit site
It was working fine all morning until I found it had shut down in my pocket around noon. I then tried to restart it but was only shown the google logo and start up animation before it shut down again. After trying around three times, it opened up to the lock screen and said that it was 9:00 AM January 1st, 1970. It then shut off again. I turned it on more than a dozen times all with same result as my first attempt until it finally brought me back to the lock screen. I was able to change the date and time and it seemed to be working fine for a while despite having the google logo form the start up flashing rapidly in the middle of the screen. It then shut off again and I wasn't able to get it to turn on past the google logo until it eventually wouldn't show anything at all. As soon as I went home I plugged it into the charger and turned it on. Success. I used it for a while testing it until the charge was close to 100%. As soon as I unplugged it, the phone shut off and wouldn't turn on again. When I plugged it in again and turned it on the charge was at 76%. This is the best description I can write as I honestly have no idea what to do. I'd greatly appreciate some help. Thank you!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muejnkfabet