Many times my Blue wi-fi connection icon turns from blue to white colour at top right hand screen.

Blue wi-fi connection turns white-nexus4.png
    When that happens there is no internet, but it still says it is connected.

But my other devices and computers connected to that router still work for internet.
    Only Nexus 4 phone not working..

I have to turn power off and back on my router then wi-fi icon at the top turn from white to blue
    colour again, then it starts working , the internet.

Why this happen and how I can prevent this from happening ?

Thanks

Thanks.
    06-04-2014 10:23 AM
    For some reason the device is loosing it's connection with the router. I'm not exactly sure how to fix this other than resetting the router, which you are already doing. What about toggling wifi off-on?
    06-04-2014 10:28 AM
    For some reason the device is loosing it's connection with the router. I'm not exactly sure how to fix this other than resetting the router, which you are already doing. What about toggling wifi off-on?
    I think the OP mentioned that was part of their fix. I'd just try toggling wifi by itself first to see if that alone fixes the problem. It usually does with my devices.
    06-04-2014 10:34 AM
    Icon still remain white after I toggle off and on.

Thanks

06-04-2014 11:07 AM
    Is there a fix for it ?

If so, where I can download and install it ?

Thanks

I think the OP mentioned that was part of their fix. I'd just try toggling wifi by itself first to see if that alone fixes the problem. It usually does with my devices.
    06-04-2014 11:09 AM
    Is there a fix for it ?

If so, where I can download and install it ?

Thanks
    Well the first thing you might try is updating your software. How'd you avoid taking the 4.4 OTA?
    06-04-2014 12:32 PM
    I am going to try to upgrade from 4.2.2 to 4.3 Jelly Bean.

Does it delete all the data and apps. on your phone when you upgrade or does it preserve it after upgraded ?

Thanks

Well the first thing you might try is updating your software. How'd you avoid taking the 4.4 OTA?
    06-04-2014 06:43 PM
    I am going to try to upgrade from 4.2.2 to 4.3 Jelly Bean.

Does it delete all the data and apps. on your phone when you upgrade or does it preserve it after upgraded ?

Thanks
    I'm pretty sure you'd have to flash an OTA file. I'm not certain on what that will do to your data. I'm going to guess that the process will wipe your data as you'll most likely have to unlock the bootloader.
    06-04-2014 07:24 PM