Problem Updating 4.4.3

Octaviannn

May 23, 2013
Visit site
Hey everyone, i need some Help.
I have got a notification from google, that the new update is available, so i downloaded it and tried to install, but i forgot that i'm rooted with TWRP custom recovery.
So it didn't work
I decided to get the OTA Updates from androidcentral and install it with adb sideload. Everything went okay, till i typed : adb sideload update.zip
I got the message: *Cannot read "update.zip"*
The zip file is named "update".
Can anyone please help me?
P.S. i also went to the TWRP Advanced menu, to ADB SIDELOAD - it was waiting on the PC command adb sideload, but this didn't work.

Goncalo Carvalho

Jun 7, 2014
Visit site
Let me use the open topic.

I also have a problem. The auto update started fine, but after the download and reboot, the update had an error (red exclamation mark over a lied android in the screen), now my phone is still in 4.3.2, but when I check the updates, it says me that it is updated.

I've tried an abd sideload in boot recovery, it started fine, but when checking the first item (quickoffice, I think) un unexpected error comes up and I cannot update mannually.

I've also cleaned the cache.

How can I fix this?

TIA.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
yes there is this Option, i did it from the menu, but it wanted to do be done from the PC

Sent from my Nexus 4
Make sure you list the file name to be sideloaded as "update.zip", don't forget the ".zip" at the end or else it won't push. If it doesn't load and gives a fail or error then you will likely have to also flash the 4.4.2 system.img from the factory image package. Another few minutes to get that flash, but worth the extra step if you want 4.4.3 running.

Octaviannn

May 23, 2013
Visit site
you mean that i should get the 4.4.3 factory image and install it. i have now 4.4.2 running with franco's kernel

Sent from my Nexus 4

sibeans

Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
you mean that i should get the 4.4.3 factory image and install it. i have now 4.4.2 running with franco's kernel

Sent from my Nexus 4

Mine is rooted as well, and updating via factory image seems like the best route....i guess i've got a sunday project to work on...

Sent from my TouchPad using Mobile Nations mobile app

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site

Sent from my Nexus 4
You can either update by using the factory image, which will wipe the whole device (including SD card, so backup) or pull the system.img from 4.4.2, flash that (won't delete data) then adb sideload the update. Sounds complicated but it's not. Let us know if you have any questions.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

Octaviannn

May 23, 2013
Visit site
wait, if i flash the 4.4.2 and then sideload 4.4.3, isn't the same what i am trying to do now? just sideload 4.4.3? because i have now 4.4.2
i can do it, but i don't know why cmd can't read the zip file :(

Sent from my Nexus 4

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
wait, if i flash the 4.4.2 and then sideload 4.4.3, isn't the same what i am trying to do now? just sideload 4.4.3? because i have now 4.4.2
i can do it, but i don't know why cmd can't read the zip file :(

Sent from my Nexus 4

If you flash the 4.4.2 image you will likely delete everything, including the SD card. If you don't mind then go ahead and do that. If you don't want to lose anything then take the system.img file from 4.4.2 and flash it (you won't lose any data). When that's done sideload the 4.4.3 update package.

Regarding your issue, make sure adb is working by doing the adb devices command. If your device is listed then it's working. If not, you need to problem solve it. Make sure you have the drivers updated and have "cd" into the platform-tools directory.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

Octaviannn

May 23, 2013
Visit site
one more question: will the custom recovery be deleted?
and how should i flash the system.img for 4.4.2? with adb?

Sent from my Nexus 4

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech