Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By pchj
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Deleted Photos

I somehow wound up with an Auto-Back up folder in my gallery. It seemed to be linked to Picassa. I didn't want this folder and deleted the contents. However, my pictures and videos were also deleted in my gallery when I did this. Does anyone know where I can manually search in my phone to locate what's left of my gallery to avoid using all this software that is available? All the software I have tried, allows you to view the lost data, but then charges you to recover it. If anyone knows of free software that would also work.

Default Re: Deleted Photos

The Auto Backup folder is for the Auto Backup feature in Google Settings>Google+ >Auto Backup. If it's on, it will automatically backup any picture you take on your phone to your Google+/Picasa cloud albums.

Where did you delete the folder--was it on your Google+ Photos webpage, or on your phone? And when you say your pictures and videos were also deleted in your gallery, do you mean other pics and videos besides the ones that were in the Auto Backup folder?
    Thanked by:
    pchj 
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

I deleted my photos on my phone. It gave me a warning that if I delete the auto back up it will also delete my Google+/Picasa cloud storage. I wasn't concerned as all these pictures were in separate folders within my gallery. What I didn't expect was that my whole gallery would be deleted. I have checked Google+ and Picasa and have verified that they are also empty.

How did you delete the Auto Backup gallery? From the Photos app, or the Gallery app? Can you use a file manager app to look at your /DCIM/Camera directory to see if the photos might still be there?
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Thanks for replying back. I deleted the auto back up from within Picasa. There are no pictures in my DCIM file folder

From within Picasa? Picasa was folded into Google+, so the only place where it's still called Picasa is the PC photo editing/organization program.

Try this--open the Photos app (the one with the pinwheel icon), swipe in from the left, scroll all the way down, and tap Trash. Do you see any of the photos there?
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Did I tell you I love you B. Diddy? All of the pictures were there and are now restored. The videos aren't, but no biggy. Thanks again for all your help!
    B. Diddy likes this.