Wifi issues (Wifi Icon turns orange) - [related to Google Play Services?]

tomgazit

Feb 15, 2013
Visit site
Hello everyone,

I'm currently on 4.4.3.

When I connect to a Wifi (in my home and other places), it's all working well..
Until after some time (could be minutes or hours), the Wifi icon turns orange and I can't access the internet.

The only way I can access the internet again is by turning off and on the Wifi (or on and off the airplane mode).. and then the whole story starts again.

I've been facing this issue for a long time now (I actually think it started when the 4.2.2 update arrived), and didn't find any solution for this yet.

The only clue I managed to find is that it's somehow related to the Google Play Services.

Here are some screenshot I made on the Google Play Services screen (by dialing *#*#426#*#*):

Does anyone have any idea how to fix this?

Thank you so much,

Tommy

Last edited:

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Hello everyone,

I'm currently on 4.4.3.

When I connect to a Wifi (in my home and other places), it's all working well..
Until after some time (could be minutes or hours), the Wifi icon turns orange and I can't access the internet.

The only way I can access the internet again is by turning off and on the Wifi (or on and off the airplane mode).. and then the whole story starts again.

I've been facing this issue for a long time now (I actually think it started when the 4.2.2 update arrived), and didn't find any solution for this yet.

The only clue I managed to find is that it's somehow related to the Google Play Services.

Here are some screenshot I made on the Google Play Services screen (by dialing *#*#426#*#*):

Does anyone have any idea how to fix this?

Thank you so much,

Tommy
Have you tried rebooting the router and see if that solves the problem? Also, open the Wi-Fi settings and select advanced from the menu options. There should be something listed allowing you to stay connected (can't remember the name right now and don't have my phone). Make sure that's selected.

Let us know if you are able to resolve this problem.

tomgazit

Feb 15, 2013
Visit site
Hi, thanks for replying.

I did reboot the router couple of times, and the issue still occurs (It also happens with more routers in other places).
There's the option to keep the wifi on during sleep - it was always checked.
Still none of these solved the problem :-\

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Hi, thanks for replying.

I did reboot the router couple of times, and the issue still occurs (It also happens with more routers in other places).
There's the option to keep the wifi on during sleep - it was always checked.
Still none of these solved the problem :-\

You can try clearing cache through recovery for the device and see if that clears it up.

With the device powered off, hold volume up + home + power. Select cache then power to accept. Reboot when finished.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

tomgazit

Feb 15, 2013
Visit site
You can try clearing cache through recovery for the device and see if that clears it up.

With the device powered off, hold volume up + home + power. Select cache then power to accept. Reboot when finished.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

Hi, thanks, but it still happens :(

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
I'm having the exact same problem. Nexus 7 (2012). Started on 4.4.2 now up to 4.4.4 and same problem. I saw another thread that said someone has tried 2 routers, and factory reset; still same problem. So far I haven't seen anything that fixes it. Open to more suggestions.

Posted via Android Central App

Anthony Hagger

Jul 28, 2014
Visit site
I am also having the same problem mine did not start right away after 4.4.4 was installed on my nexus 7 but has been iffy the last few days with no or slow internet connection.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay