4.4.3 update - unable to access screen during a call!

zeuszema

Jun 9, 2014
Visit site
Hi All,

I recently received the 4.4.3 update. After that any time I make a call am unable to access the screen while the call is in progress. Which means that I can't disconnect a call (unless the other user does or it ends on its own). This seems to have happened after the update. Shutdown and restart doesn't help! Has anyone else faced a similar issue ?If so what's the solution!

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Hi All,

I recently received the 4.4.3 update. After that any time I make a call am unable to access the screen while the call is in progress. Which means that I can't disconnect a call (unless the other user does or it ends on its own). This seems to have happened after the update. Shutdown and restart doesn't help! Has anyone else faced a similar issue ?If so what's the solution!

Hello and welcome to the forums at AC!

Sorry you are having problems, although I don't have a Nexus 4 your problem sounds very similar to a problem some people had with their Galaxy S4.

Some people got it fixed with an update from Samsung and others claimed that blowing air into the the housing for the speaker on top of the screen, since that would clean any dirt blocking the proximity sensor.

zeuszema

Jun 9, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the response StarGate. Is there another way by which I can rule out that the issue is related to the proximity sensor ? I tried the blowing air and that didn't help

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the response StarGate. Is there another way by which I can rule out that the issue is related to the proximity sensor ? I tried the blowing air and that didn't help

Those that got the problem solved blowing air actually tried it several times.

Some of them used the air a few times a day for 3-4 days before getting it fixed.

There were some that even used a vacuum!

I'll look for that thread and post a link here for you.

Sent From Inside The TARDIS in a Galaxy S4 Away!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech