Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By ysbg
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default 4.4.3 update changed phone dialer color

The update changed the background color from black with white numbers to a white background with blue letters.

How can I change it back? I don't see the numbers as well and I am sure it also uses more battery for the white background.

Posted via Android Central App

Global Posts
    20,827 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Default Re: 4.4.3 update changed phone dialer color

I am not sure it can be changed back without rolling back an update. If you can find the .apk file for the old dialer, maybe that can work through a sideload.

The white may or may not be a bigger drain on the battery, depending on the screen type, and the screen has to be on for it to drain. Most people aren't on the dialer that long.

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here

Default Re: 4.4.3 update changed phone dialer color

It cannot be changed, but you could install a dialer from the play store if you wish. There seems to be many, although I never experimented.

Regarding battery life it makes no difference because the Nexus has an LCD screen and not an amoled screen. I wouldn't explain this very well so here's a link in case you are curious as to why.

How Black Wallpaper Can Save Your Battery – And More Battery Tips! - AndroidPIT
    gusar2000 likes this.