Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Unfortunately google search has stopped - phone forever frozen

Hi guys,

I'm having a lot of troubles today with my N4.

I'm completely stock, not rooted, bootloader unlocked, and received 4.4.4 earlier today.

I installed 4.4.4 and used my phone for a couple of hours. Everything was working fine - email, podcasting, etc.. After that I launched google now as I was leaving the house and it froze. Since then my phone is not functional. Either it tries to boot without success, getting stuck on the boot animation forever. When I hard reset sometimes I go through the boot stage but I'm greeted most of the times by the message "unfortunately google search has stopped" and then I can't do anything. Or I manage to start the unlocking process but it gets stuck and then nothing.

Do you guys have any idea what I can do.

Thanks for the help.

Default Re: Unfortunately google search has stopped - phone forever frozen

Hm. Since you can't get past the lock screen, you don't have a lot of options. I'd try clearing the cache in recovery mode. If that doesn't work, you may be stuck doing a factory reset. If that doesn't work, your last-ditch option would be to unlock the bootloader and re-flash either the stock or some other firmware. If none of that works, it's hardware and you're screwed.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: Unfortunately google search has stopped - phone forever frozen

Thanks zorak,

I used the Wug Nexus Toolkit and ended up wiping all the data and re-flashing stock. It seems to be working ok now.

Cheers.