N4 wireless charging

jc0187

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
Hello all! So I purchased the wireless charger from Google and noticed that is slooooowly charges. I mean, I put it on last night around midnight and it is now 7 and it is barely at 90% charge. Is this normal?

CoMoNexus

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
I have another brand rather than the official Google charger, and mine is dirt slow, too. I initially wondered if I had a bad charger, but then I Googled around and found a lot of people with the same issue -- and not just with the N4.

TechZOnline

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
Hello all! So I purchased the wireless charger from Google and noticed that is slooooowly charges. I mean, I put it on last night around midnight and it is now 7 and it is barely at 90% charge. Is this normal?

Are you using a case on your phone?

I've owned an N4 and now an N5 and I've used both on the same wireless charger (LG WCP300), the devices don't charge as fast as a normal charger, but they don't take many hours more.

ehiggins

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
My wife's will continuously charge, mine will charge full then go to stand by and won't charge again until picked up and replaced. I wake up 90-95% charge. Check the battery screen and see if it gets full prior.

Posted via Android Central App

Citizen Coyote

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
My Zens will charge to full then turn off until the battery drops to 95% or so, then it will charge back up again. I often wake to a phone slightly below 100% (99-97% typically) in the morning. Not a big deal for me. Also, it seems plenty fast with a naked N4. It's not plug-in fast, but it's not much slower.

sibeans

Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
The orb was definitely made to charge devices overnight, allowing deep sleep mode helps speed up the process and keeping the sticky part 'sticky' (via tape, yes it's janky) helps too.

If the battery reading is off, you might want to reset it by draining it till 16%, shutting off the device, and charging it overnight.

Posted via Android Central App

gusar2000

Jun 4, 2013
Visit site
My cheap wireless charger made the phone warm (not really hot, but quite warm), which I didn't like.
How about orb? Does it make phone warm while charging? BTW, charging process is slower, but it's OK, 95% to full charge overnight.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34