Nexus 4 Dead Zone Strip

Tim Leong

Apr 7, 2014
Visit site
Sooo, this phone is in fact quite old and has taken many drops, BUT none have caused problems. I recently got a high quality case and it fell face first about a meter off the ground and I just dusted it off. At first, it seemed like nothing was wrong but I realized later that I couldn't log in because the sensor was't working right. I tried a few more times to log in and it finally did it after about 25 "failed" attempts. I did a few tests un-professionaly and saw there was a definite problem, so I got a touch screen test and it showed this: v2w0aqZ.png

The previous drops before this were without a solid case and were on harder ground, and nothing occured, so I uninstalled a lot of things, rebooted in safe mode, cleared app caches, rebooted regularly 2-3 times, and still the problem persists. Does this mean I need a new digitizer or something? Or is this something technical? I do have a strong feeling it is a physical flaw at this point though :c

TLDR; Is this a problem with digitizer or is it a programming flaw?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! I agree, I think it finally fell one too many times, and something broke. I can't imagine a software problem would cause something like that. I suppose you could always do a factory reset and see if the problem persists.

JakubS1

Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
Similar issue on mine. But I dont think that it is WH issue. Just check YT video named : LG Nexus 4 dead screen part

If you fix it, just let me know. TY

Tim Leong

Apr 7, 2014
Visit site
Hey there, this was an old problem that fixed itself on my phone. I tried a variety of things and eventually decided to cave in and buy a new digitizer, but before I did, the problem fixed itself. I really don't know what happened so I can't really help you out. Sorry ;c

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol