Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Cool nexus 4 cast screen

hi all,

today I've found a new option in the multi settings screen- "cast screen"

chromecast is on and when i pressed it got the next MSG: casting screen to ... has failed .

anyone had any success with that?

I've attached a few SS

thanks
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails nexus 4 cast screen-2014-06-30-09.18.08.png   nexus 4 cast screen-2014-06-30-09.18.16.png   nexus 4 cast screen-2014-06-30-09.18.21.png  

Default Re: nexus 4 cast screen

I also got the cast screen option today and it has been working great. Sorry I don't have any pictures because i cant take screenshots due to my volume buttons being jammed. But I can confirm it's working well. I'm running stock on nexus 4.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using AC Forums mobile app
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by rht34 View Post
    I also got the cast screen option today and it has been working great. Sorry I don't have any pictures because i cant take screenshots due to my volume buttons being jammed. But I can confirm it's working well. I'm running stock on nexus 4.

Yea, i got this working now, i understood it was off until now.

Posted via Android Central App

It's very nice and now I don't have to buy a miracast adaptor which cost more than a chromecast. How is the audio quality though? I am using Android L on my N4 and the audio is pretty much useless, but I figure it's due to the beta software.

Quote Originally Posted by rht34 View Post

It's not very hard to replace the Nexus 4 volume buttons, see here: Nexus 4 - Simple fix after volume buttons stopped responding.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by someguy01234 View Post
    It's very nice and now I don't have to buy a miracast adaptor which cost more than a chromecast. How is the audio quality though? I am using Android L on my N4 and the audio is pretty much useless, but I figure it's due to the beta software.

It's not very hard to replace the Nexus 4 volume buttons, see here: Nexus 4 - Simple fix after volume buttons stopped responding.
    The audio is great as long as you don't play with the phone during that.

Posted via Android Central App

I have a couple of Roku boxes that I stream YouTube to from my N4. The Cast Screen icon is identical to the one I see in YouTube, but I don't have it in Settings. So does it show up there only if you have a Chromecast dongle?