GPS appears to fail when starting navigation
Nexus 4 running 4.4.4 stock.
Beginning yesterday when I started Navigation via Maps GPS almost immediately stops responding and I get "GPS Signal lost". I will then try to verify if the GPS is working by using the GPS Test app, it will be unable to find any satellites. If I either power cycle or cycle via Airplane Mode and then open the GPS Test app it will be able to find satellites and acquire a fix. It will hold onto to them for a period of time, but if I try to start navigation the GPS stops working again. It certainly seems that the action of starting Google Navigation breaks the GPS until either a power cycle or cycle thru Airplane Mode. Other apps that use GPS work fine until I again attempt to use Navigation. I've tried clearing the cache in Maps but that does not appear to be doing the trick. Any suggestions?
- 07-10-2014, 09:26 PM #2
Re: GPS appears to fail when starting navigation
In location settings, is the option for Maps having access to location reporting turned on?"We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan
- 07-11-2014, 11:22 AM #4"We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan
- 08-26-2014, 01:26 PM #5
- By Rhuly Nhlangwana in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 09-06-2014, 02:40 AM
- By VW Maverick in forum LG G3Replies: 53Last Post: 07-24-2014, 03:58 PM
- By ndewing in forum Verizon HTC OneReplies: 2Last Post: 07-22-2014, 09:12 AM
- By ChinaOperatingSystem in forum OnePlus OneReplies: 3Last Post: 07-15-2014, 11:48 AM
- By Kevin Schultz1 in forum Samsung Galaxy S5Replies: 4Last Post: 07-10-2014, 04:08 PM