- 316 Posts
How do I get rid of updates I don't want?
Updates to things like Google Korean input, Hindi input, pinyin etc! Is there no way to have them not show up on updates? Only way to get rid of them is to update them.
Also notice Google search has a new update and Google wants access to pretty well everything on your phone. I see no good reason on a search app to need all of the access's requested. Not going to update.
- 07-14-2014, 10:45 PM #2
Re: How do I get rid of updates I don't want?
If you don't use those apps, you can disable them. This will prevent them from notifying you of updates. Go to Settings>Apps>All, select the app, Uninstall All Updates (if applicable), then Disable.
Google Search includes Google Now, and as you've probably noticed, integrates many parts of the phone's functions and services. So it needs access to a lot of parts of the phone. This is the direction Google has been moving with Android for quite some time now. If this is becoming distasteful to you, it might be time to think consider a different platform--although it may be difficult to find any platform that isn't trying to integrate services.
- 07-15-2014, 09:44 AM #3
- 07-15-2014, 11:01 AM #4
- By Rochesz in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 4Last Post: 01-22-2015, 08:10 PM
- By DisplacedMic in forum LG G3Replies: 18Last Post: 07-15-2014, 04:14 PM
- By dlc2006 in forum Google Nexus 10 TabletReplies: 4Last Post: 07-15-2014, 06:21 AM
- By Debbie in forum Facebook HomeReplies: 2Last Post: 07-15-2014, 05:17 AM
- By AC Question in forum Google Nexus 7 Tablet (2012)Replies: 1Last Post: 07-14-2014, 07:58 PM