Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    108 Global Posts

Default How hot does your nexus 4 get??

Over the year and a half of owning my nexus it has been very prone to getting quite hot. Usually after web browsing for about 10 / 15 minutes it hits 42ish degrees Celsius. Yesterday however it was getting very hoy and reached 52.1°c as shown in the screenshots. So I was wondering what's the hottest your nexus 4 has ever been?? Also notice how the battery level dropped from 8% to 2% in one minute lol

Sent from my Nexus 4 using AC Forums mobile app
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails How hot does your nexus 4 get??-1407421766728.jpg   How hot does your nexus 4 get??-1407421779117.jpg  
    Thanked by:

Default Re: How hot does your nexus 4 get??

I didn't know I could look up the battery temp. I'll have to do that the next time it gets hot. That's usually when I'm running navigation in the Maps app while driving. Over the past few months, it's gotten so hot that the phone shuts itself off. It didn't use to do that, so I've been wondering if an update to the app or the OS is the cause.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    108 Global Posts

Its always been a hot phone but this is the hottest i think ive seen it. If you wanna get the temperature do *#*#4636#*#* in dialer and click battery

Sent from my Nexus 4 using AC Forums mobile app
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    1,192 Global Posts
    ROM
    Purity with Hells-Core

Mine has never exceeded 46°C/115°F, but typically runs 40°C/105°F max when in the window mount, charging, and running GPS with the brightness on max... I watch it pretty close when it gets warm with GSAM Battery Monitor (kinda habit after having a Rezound).
    Current Personal Phone: Google Nexus 4 on Cricket/Aio (Stock Lollipop with hells-Core Kernel)
    Current Work Phone: LG G2 VS980 on VZW (Snuzzo's Plain-Andy ROM)
    Current Tablet: iPad 4/Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2
    Other phones "in the family": HTC One (M7), Moto G GPE, LG G2
    Previous/Retired Android Devices: HTC Aria/Incredible 2/Rezound/DNA, Samsung Stratosphere, SGS2 Skyrocket, Nextbook 8P