Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default how reversible is unlocking my bootloader?

I have read about unlocking my boot loader. So, I use the fastboot oem unlock command.

I'm fine with losing data on the phone doing this.

I understand I can lock it with fastboot oem lock. (is that ever unsafe?) like can I always unlock..

If I then do a factory reset, (by settings or by boot loader recovery mode), will it relock my phone?

I would like to know if anything like that is is irreversiible.

And if it is reversible. Then fine the fastboot oem lock/unlock can do/reverse it but what about the standard factory reset option.. Will that put it back to locked?

Global Posts
    13,137 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Assassin 'Droid

Default Re: how reversible is unlocking my bootloader?

On a Nexus you can lock and unlock at will. Factory reset will not relock or reunlock you.
    [SIZE=4][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[COLOR=#009688]¯\_([FONT=MS Pゴシック]ツ[/FONT])_/¯ [/COLOR][U][URL="http://forums.mobilenations.com/rules-policies/500-community-rules-guidelines.html"][COLOR=#009688]Community Rules & Guidelines[/COLOR][/URL][/U][/SIZE][COLOR=#009688][SIZE=4][U][URL="http://forums.mobilenations.com/rules-policies/500-community-rules-guidelines.html"]​[/URL][/U]

Be [B]P[/B]olite, [B]U[/B]nderstanding, [B]P[/B]atient, [B]P[/B]ro, [B]A[/B]ttentive & [B]H[/B]elpful - [/SIZE][/COLOR][SIZE=3][COLOR=#009688]Life is very short, and there's no time - for fussing and fighting, my friend.[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Global Posts
    32,267 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Pure Nexus/Franco Kernel

Default Re: how reversible is unlocking my bootloader?

Factory resetting will not relock the bootloader. There is nothing wrong with wanting to do that. Just keep in mind if you relock it, and then unlock it, a wipe will happen again.
    Aquila likes this.