- 39 Posts
how reversible is unlocking my bootloader?
I have read about unlocking my boot loader. So, I use the fastboot oem unlock command.
I'm fine with losing data on the phone doing this.
I understand I can lock it with fastboot oem lock. (is that ever unsafe?) like can I always unlock..
If I then do a factory reset, (by settings or by boot loader recovery mode), will it relock my phone?
I would like to know if anything like that is is irreversiible.
And if it is reversible. Then fine the fastboot oem lock/unlock can do/reverse it but what about the standard factory reset option.. Will that put it back to locked?
- 08-12-2014, 05:51 PM #2
- 08-12-2014, 05:53 PM #3
Re: how reversible is unlocking my bootloader?
Factory resetting will not relock the bootloader. There is nothing wrong with wanting to do that. Just keep in mind if you relock it, and then unlock it, a wipe will happen again.
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 12-02-2014, 09:17 PM
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 10-10-2014, 01:16 AM
- By bbmjack in forum Samsung Galaxy S5Replies: 3Last Post: 08-14-2014, 01:12 AM
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 0Last Post: 08-12-2014, 04:59 PM
- By yarnsrj in forum AT&T Galaxy S IIReplies: 0Last Post: 08-12-2014, 04:49 PM