CM 11, Backup
Hey everyone. I have now Stock 4.4.2 installed on my Nexus 4. It's rooted, it has TWRP recovery, and the usb otg mode installed.
I decided to install CM11 on my device, but i also don't want to lose everything from my phone. So my question is: how to backup..EVERYTHING?
i mean i can save my music videos and photos and so on my pc and them put them again on my nexus, but i also want to save my google now settings and hangout messages(sms mms and so on) and everything.
Is there a way to to this? Thanks.
P.S. i think the settings will be deleted, because of CM11, it has it's own settings, am i right?
P.P.S. forgot to say that i have franco's kernel ^^
- 08-13-2014, 09:12 AM #2
- 08-13-2014, 01:21 PM #4
Re: CM 11, Backup
Titanium Backup is good to backup bits and pieces and restore at a later date or when you flash a new ROM. You can backup the entire device, in its current state, through recovery. This way, if you don't like CM11, or want to go back, you can just restore that backup without having to reinstall everything. It's a mirror image and will restore in no time. You should always make a backup and keep a known working ROM stored somewhere just in case something goes wrong or you can't get the new ROM to boot.
Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app
- By billp000 in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 6Last Post: 07-23-2015, 10:53 PM
- By xFazx69 in forum Huawei Ascend G6Replies: 6Last Post: 03-16-2015, 02:54 AM
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 3Last Post: 08-26-2014, 09:55 PM
- By 17zombie71 in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 0Last Post: 08-12-2014, 05:08 PM
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 08-11-2014, 05:50 PM