Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Cool CM 11, Backup

Hey everyone. I have now Stock 4.4.2 installed on my Nexus 4. It's rooted, it has TWRP recovery, and the usb otg mode installed.
    I decided to install CM11 on my device, but i also don't want to lose everything from my phone. So my question is: how to backup..EVERYTHING?
    i mean i can save my music videos and photos and so on my pc and them put them again on my nexus, but i also want to save my google now settings and hangout messages(sms mms and so on) and everything.
    Is there a way to to this? Thanks.

P.S. i think the settings will be deleted, because of CM11, it has it's own settings, am i right?

P.P.S. forgot to say that i have franco's kernel ^^

ROM
    Stock

Default Re: CM 11, Backup

Titantium backup pro?
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Okay, found it and it works well. Thanks a lot!

Global Posts
    8,194 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Titanium Backup is good to backup bits and pieces and restore at a later date or when you flash a new ROM. You can backup the entire device, in its current state, through recovery. This way, if you don't like CM11, or want to go back, you can just restore that backup without having to reinstall everything. It's a mirror image and will restore in no time. You should always make a backup and keep a known working ROM stored somewhere just in case something goes wrong or you can't get the new ROM to boot.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

I tried to do this, but i got an error, that i don't have enough free space left(altough i had like 8GB free space), so i just copied everything on my pc and then pasted it again on my phone, i also used titanium backup.