WiFi has yellow bar's.

anon(55900)

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
I used to have WiFi automatically hook up at places I spotted at, that doesn't seem to work any more. It works fine at home or work but not at say for example McDonald's.

Posted via the Android Central App

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Go to Settings>Wi-fi, tap the Menu button and then Advanced, and make sure "Scanning is always available" is checked on.

It should only automatically connect to hotspots that you've connected to before--is McDonald's one of them?

anon(55900)

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
That was on but I also told it to tell me when WiFi is available plus unchecked battery control. Yep, I use that one McDonald's plus hotshot shield.

Posted via the Android Central App

cpaight

Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
I've had this issue start recently as well. There are places I regularly go where I used get an instant notification to login to the wifi and now it's not popping up. Sometimes forgetting the hotspot and then reconnecting will trigger it, but not always and it's very annoying.

anon(55900)

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
I've had this issue start recently as well. There are places I regularly go where I used get an instant notification to login to the wifi and now it's not popping up. Sometimes forgetting the hotspot and then reconnecting will trigger it, but not always and it's very annoying.

Right now I see the problem at a KFC and McDonalds that I frequent for lunch, it takes five minutes before the icon pops up to log into the company wifi. I don't know if this is something the restaurants are doing, making everyone sign up every time you come in. From the fact that where I work and at home the wifi is seamless makes me think it's the restaurants wifi set up. There are many times it take 15 minutes before the permission to sign in at the restaurant pops up even though the wifi on my phone says it's connected and there are 4 bars! But obviously the connection is slow.

cpaight

Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
That's exactly my issue....the bar I go to several times a week has a wifi that you need to use a password for. I used to be able to walk in and the request to login was waiting for me....now, just like you, it's taking 10 to 15 minutes to show up, if at all. And this isn't some kinda corporate chain like McDonalds.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol