Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By wizzrah
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default backup

Google backup on my nexus 4 doesn't capture all my 'people' contacts. Does helium or G cloud backup do it? I am thinking of trading up to a nexus 5 but don't want to risk losing some of my contacts.

Posted via Android Central App

Global Posts
    8,891 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.4

Default Re: backup

Welcome to AC
    Do you have contacts checked to sync for your Google account? It should be backing all of them up. You can go through your contacts and see which ones are linked to your account.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.4
    "We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan

Global Posts
    4,216 Global Posts
    ROM
    Phoenix 1.6 Sense 5 4.2.2

Quote Originally Posted by gjbrns View Post
    Google backup on my nexus 4 doesn't capture all my 'people' contacts. Does helium or G cloud backup do it? I am thinking of trading up to a nexus 5 but don't want to risk losing some of my contacts.

Hello. They will do it, but you might need the premium version for Helium if you want to upload it to the cloud. I suggest you try idrive cloud backup. That will backup contacts, sms, etc., and you can sync it to multiple devices.
    “Knowing how to think empowers you far beyond those who know only what to think.” - Neil deGrasse Tyson

OMG BECKY IT'S ALMOST HERE. The greatest tool to modify almost any HTC phone is on the verge of release. Unlock bootloaders, flash recoveries, root, and more. Open source, powerful, end-to-end encryption, enhanced by Droplr and Amazon's Secure Content Distribution Network. Best of all, it's 100% free. All built by me. Get ready to rock!

UJ95x likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by gjbrns View Post

check contacts under Google account Sync.

to verify go here https://www.google.com/contacts/?hl=en&tab=wC#contacts
    Fancy A Break From Your iPhone? Have an Android Kit Kat