Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default why does my Google Now give me so many "nexus 6" updates from religious/christian/epoch/etc sites?

I am, like many, really anxious to check out the mythical Nexus 6, so Google Now sends me many "cards" with rumors...but I notice many are from "christian" or "epoch" (and other religious theme) sites that I never heard of. I realize there are so many conflicting rumors, even from mainstream sites, that no one knows for sure yet, but what's with the religious sites? I have never visited them in the past.

Does this mean if I go to confession, the Nexus 6 is more likely to a) exist and b) be what I want?

Default Re: why does my Google Now give me so many "nexus 6" updates from religious/christian/epoch/etc site

I've wondered this too! Anyhow it's not just you

Default Re: why does my Google Now give me so many "nexus 6" updates from religious/christian/epoch/etc site

Hahaha I was wondering this the other day. Weird. Articles are usually useless as well. Rehash of other sites, or misleading titles talking about rumors.

Posted via Android Central App

Yeah, I see that too. I also see updates on Jeremy Lin (the NBA star) from the International Business Times (that preeminent sports publication).

IN CASE YOU'RE WONDERING, I'll be on vacation from 7/27 to 8/13, with only intermittent web access. So if you don't see me around much, don't worry, I didn't defect to another site or anything like that.

I've been thinking the same thing since google now added research/news cards related to items you've searched. It seems these are sites that see a popular topic and creates an article and reposts it every few months. Like one of these 'christian' something news sites had a story published a day or two ago talking about Nexus 5 4.4.3 update - clearly it's not new news. Since they're really out-there sources I never check back on them on a PC to see if they're lifting some or all of their articles from other places and just trying to get misdirected google news results for ad revenue.

But that begs the question that if google has been pushing 'bad sources' type sites down on their algorithms why they would allow them to be placed directly into a google now screen.

And even more confusing is the new "what to read" card has credible news sources on topics I've researched previously in a google news type layout yet I still get that random "research" card from international business times/christian news whatever. I'm thinking turning off the option for the 'research topics' cards will stop it. I was hoping that that option was going to give me updates from academic sources.