Windows 8.1 doesn't 'see' when plugged in via USB

anon(55900)

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
Windows 8.1 doesn't 'see' Nexus 4 when plugged in via USB, the laptop does make a double beep noise as soon as plugged in, the Nexus 4 says, connected as a media devise - MTP is selected, but win8.1 file explorer does not show the phone.

If I go to Devices and Printers in Win8.1 it shows the Nexus 4, but it also says that it is using the Acer ADB interface and that it won't work on USB3,

So, anyone fixed this?

Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I've been seeing some other people mention that. Go to your Windows Update on your computer, and check for updates. Does the Acer ADB Device driver show up? When I uninstalled it, my PC started prompting me to install that driver again as an update. Since I'm not set to install automatically, I just leave it alone there. Are you set to automatically install updates on your computer?

anon(55900)

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
I've been seeing some other people mention that. Go to your Windows Update on your computer, and check for updates. Does the Acer ADB Device driver show up? When I uninstalled it, my PC started prompting me to install that driver again as an update. Since I'm not set to install automatically, I just leave it alone there. Are you set to automatically install updates on your computer?

I shut off auto update, I searched all updates and entire PC for acer ADB, found nothing. Plugged in N4, which make Acer ADB appear in devices, I uninstall and delete it, but it keeps appearing.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad