Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By B. Diddy
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Windows 8.1 doesn't 'see' when plugged in via USB

Windows 8.1 doesn't 'see' Nexus 4 when plugged in via USB, the laptop does make a double beep noise as soon as plugged in, the Nexus 4 says, connected as a media devise - MTP is selected, but win8.1 file explorer does not show the phone.

If I go to Devices and Printers in Win8.1 it shows the Nexus 4, but it also says that it is using the Acer ADB interface and that it won't work on USB3,

So, anyone fixed this?
    The Practical BBQ'r !

Default Re: Windows 8.1 doesn't 'see' when plugged in via USB

Lots of threads about this--Microsoft messed up with their recent updates. See this post where I describe how I fixed it for my Nexus 5: Nexus 5 connecting via USB as wrong device
    UJ95x likes this.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

I saw that, as soon as I plug back in, the acer crap reinstalls.

Posted via the Android Central App
    The Practical BBQ'r !

I've been seeing some other people mention that. Go to your Windows Update on your computer, and check for updates. Does the Acer ADB Device driver show up? When I uninstalled it, my PC started prompting me to install that driver again as an update. Since I'm not set to install automatically, I just leave it alone there. Are you set to automatically install updates on your computer?
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by B. Diddy View Post
    I've been seeing some other people mention that. Go to your Windows Update on your computer, and check for updates. Does the Acer ADB Device driver show up? When I uninstalled it, my PC started prompting me to install that driver again as an update. Since I'm not set to install automatically, I just leave it alone there. Are you set to automatically install updates on your computer?
    I shut off auto update, I searched all updates and entire PC for acer ADB, found nothing. Plugged in N4, which make Acer ADB appear in devices, I uninstall and delete it, but it keeps appearing.
    The Practical BBQ'r !