Adding Outlook email account to Nexus 4 on Kit-Kat 4.4.4

sonicresidue

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
I recently started a job which provides me with an Outlook email account. I downloaded the Outlook app but it does not recognize either my email address or my outlook user ID. Am I better off using the stock email app, or is there a trick to getting it to work?

Interestingly, the instructions on Microsoft's website are inaccurate and do not work.

Last edited:

coolqf

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
I recently started a job which provides me with an Outlook email account. I downloaded the Outlook app but it does not recognize either my email address or my outlook user ID. Am I better off using the stock email app, or is there a trick to getting it to work?

Interestingly, the instructions on Microsoft's website are inaccurate and do not work.
Your best bet is to ask work how to put the email in your phone.

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
The Outlook app if for hosted email on Outlook.com, not exchange email, which is most likely what you were given... And the built in Email app handles that sufficiently, as well as calender and contact integration. But I agree with coolqf, you should ask your IT staff about setting it up, there is often more to it then just knowing you email address and password.

sonicresidue

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Well I wound up adding it to my phone as "Exchange" and it worked. But... It is Outlook mail as I have to log into the "Outlook Web App". The server Im connected to has an outlook.com address, thus my confusion. So unless Im missing something it is Outlook and not Exchange. I did get it to work with the native email app, but I'm unsure why Microsoft's own app isn't working.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cyari6908