Windows 8.1 does not recognize google nexus 4 when connected with USB cable

tyke45

Sep 6, 2014
Visit site
I have just connected my Nexus 4 to my laptop with a USB cable to enable me to transfer photos from the phone to my laptop. When I have done this before it has been a straightforward process but now the phone does not show up as a connected device so I cannot open it to transfer the photos. Does anyone have any advice how I can resolve this problem as I am most frustrated at not being able to transfer my photos in any way as the bluetooth does not appear to be working on my laptop either.

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
I have just connected my Nexus 4 to my laptop with a USB cable to enable me to transfer photos from the phone to my laptop. When I have done this before it has been a straightforward process but now the phone does not show up as a connected device so I cannot open it to transfer the photos. Does anyone have any advice how I can resolve this problem as I am most frustrated at not being able to transfer my photos in any way as the bluetooth does not appear to be working on my laptop either.

Hello. You have the drivers installed on your PC for the Nexus 4 right?

tyke45

Sep 6, 2014
Visit site
I have never chosen specific drivers to install but drivers were automatically installed when I plugged the phone into the laptop. I think that I never had any problem before but only since the operating system was upgraded to android 4.4.4

chins22

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
Exactly same problem for me :(

But not 100% sure what stopped it.

What can we do? Write to Google?

Posted via Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member