Who still has their Nexus 4?

ysbg

Aug 28, 2012
Visit site
it did really age great, and I'm hopping for a new beginning when Android L comes out.

For replacement I was waiting to see the next Nexus and was initially disappointed - for some reason I'm not a big fan of the new moto x, and not too keen either on 6inch. But now my interest is growing. I worry though it's going to be quite thick. So either it will be replaced with the N6, the next generation of flagships (e.g. experia z4), or the next next nexus (but I don't think I'll have the patience for that) .

In any case, I'm not in a big hurry.

Last edited:

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Still running mine... with Purity ROM, Hellscore kernel, LTE radios, and a little tweaking 3+ hours SOT and an easy full day on a charge make it tough to switch although with it getting close to 2 years on it I am looking for a replacement. With only vague rumors of a 5.2" Nexus in the works, the next Nexus doesn't look promising, the Moto X running a bit more money than I hoped, and the new Moto G not having LTE or more than 8GB of storage, has left me with few choices for the sub $400 price range for a phone with a 5.0-5.2 inch display, 32GB storage, and LTE. Guess the N4 will have to continue working for now...

TauSigmaNova

Domo Arigato, Mr Roboto!
Mar 14, 2012
Visit site
I do. Waiting for the N6/NX but I'm not a huge fan of the size. My N4 is definitely giving out and it's definitely time for an upgrade.

pontiac005

Trusted Member
Jul 19, 2012
Visit site
I still do. Actually rooted it and made it better but still looking at the new Nexus. As others have said, not a fan of the would be size.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Citizen Coyote

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Still rocking mine 22 months later. I love the little phone but I've been looking at replacements, specifically the new Moto X and the Sony Xperia Z3. Not a fan of phablets so the new Nexus (assuming it's as big as rumored) is out.

zorak950

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
I'm thinking of going to the N6, but if it feels too big or isn't up to snuff in some other important way I could see sticking with the N4 for several more months at least. The battery could definitely be better, but under my normal usage cases it isn't a problem and I have an external battery for heavy use days, so it's not a crisis. Basically I'm looking to upgrade, but I'm not desperate. I can wait until something comes along that I want.

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
It's not. Surely the battery is not up to par? That has happened to me.

Posted via the Android Central App

Yeah, my battery sucks. But it always has, only problem I have with the N4.

After today's announcements I may replace it and see if that helps and soldier on.

Posted via Android Central App

zorak950

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
Google "Project Volta." Tests with developer betas of Lollipop showed a ~30 percent increase in battery life. I'm crossing my fingers that we get that or even better.
It would be great, but I'm not holding my breath. If they could manage that, it would give the N4 a new lease on life.

CoMoNexus

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
If they could manage that, it would give the N4 a new lease on life.

That's what I'm hoping. I'm not interested in buying a new phone, but if the battery life doesn't improve, then I have no choice. Everything else about the N4 shakes my tambourine, but all of that is meaningless if the battery runs out before lunchtime.

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
I'm with zorak, it'd be nice but I'm not holding my breadth... I'm seriously considering replacing the battery in hopes it'll help, two years of almost constant use will take it's toll on the battery.

I'm also glad it's getting colder out so I can carry my 10Ah power pack in my jacket ;) it's a bit beefy for summer apparel.

Posted via Android Central App

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs