On my PC I can see my Movies file but I can't access it on my Nexus 4, why is that?

akirkland510

Oct 15, 2014
Visit site
On my PC I can see my Movies file but I can't access it on my Nexus 4

When I connect my phone to my PC the files open up and I can see my music, media, and my movies. I have added files to my movies but I can't figure out how to access those files on my phone. What app/ location do I go to?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: On my PC I can see my Movies file but I can't access it on my Nexus 4

Welcome to Android Central! How are you adding the movie files to the phone--by using Windows Explorer to drag and drop? That's the easiest way. Which folder are you transferring the files to? What format are the videos in? Are you moving the videos to the Internal Storage or external SD card?

akirkland510

Oct 15, 2014
Visit site

Yes I am drag and dripping to add the files to my phone to the Internal Storage system. I am transferring the files to a folder named "movies". The problem is I can't even see the Movies folder let alone the files in the folder. but the Movies in the folder are in a mp4, wmv, and mkv format.

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
You can probably view them in the gallery app.

Search the play store for "file manager" I like oi file manager and file manager (it's icon is a red folder)

If you need a video player mx player is pretty good.

Posted via Android Central App

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

I agree with fuzzylumpkin. How are you trying to find your videos? Try using the Gallery app, as mentioned above. I also have MX Player, which is excellent.