Lollipop OTA for Nexus 4 Now Rolling out!!!!

VJ1

Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
Just got upgraded to L.
Was a quick & smooth process.

Hate that there's no Gallery App & struggling to find how to put the phone on Vibration Mode.

minnemike

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Upgrade underway - it took so long just for the initial install that I thought it crashed and restarted it twice before just letting it sit and it finally got to the logo screen after 20 mins... which then sat there for another 15 mins before I got the "optimizing app..." screen, FYI. Looks like I am in the clear. Glad I didnt have to wait 7+ hours as I am reading in this thread. :eek:

Nagaraj MS

Nov 26, 2014
Visit site
I received the update notification. I went ahead and accepted it. The phone did its thing, restarted, and is now permanently stuck on the animation screen, four colored dots spinning over and over, not moving forward. Has this happened to anyone else? How do I get my N4 unstuck?

Mine is stuck at the same stage.. Please let me know how do we get out of this without losing any data..?

danielcj

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
You should have backed up data before installing. You might be able to restore through your Gmail but media files may be lost.

Citizen Coyote

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Got my notice last night on my Nexus 4, downloaded and installed this morning. Everything went quickly as far as the update process, but now my wi-fi refuses to connect. I did a system cache wipe thinking that would fix it but no dice. Any ideas beyond a full factory reset? This is my backup phone so I don't mind doing so, but it's a hassle no matter what.

kawfey

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
All my excitement turned into sadness upon the OTA update.

I have Clockwork 6.0.4.7 recovery installed. When it rebooted, it opened the recovery mode and prompted to install untrusted zip - which was the update. I allowed it, but it failed after a few seconds.

It restarted back into 4.4.4, and checking for system updates, it says it's up to date.

Like, eh? I didn't want to flash so I could save myself from the hassle of reinstalling everything.

cellomj

Nov 12, 2011
Visit site
Just got the OTA this afternoon and it's running great! Super smooth and fast. I had one little camera freeze up for about 10 seconds, but then it was fine. Was on my LG G3 and fired up the nexus 4 in anticipation of my Nexus 6 arrival. Honestly, the nexus 4 on lollipop is still a great experience. I'd like to keep the dimensions of the N4 but with the he upgrade in camera, battery and speakers from the N6.

I know I didn't hesitate to do the update, but I guess I was lucky. Hope everyone gets their phones up and running soon.

5L Mustang

Jun 20, 2013
Visit site
Well by the sound of things I think I'm glad I haven't gotten the OTA yet!!! Hopefully it will be smooth as butter when I get it!!!
Weird why some people have had nightmare experience while some updates have been smooth as butter?

Posted via Nexus 4

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Unknown