Just got a Nexus 4 for $149. Is this phone still a good deal?

saintforlife

May 1, 2012
Visit site
Got it refurbished for $149 on Groupon. They have good return policy, so I wanted to give it a try. Just wondering if the phone is still a good deal for this price? Will Lollipop breathe a new life into the Nexus 4? Anybody install Lollipop on their Nexus 4? If so, how is it running on this 2 year old phone? Also, is there a way to enable LTE for AT&T without rooting/flashing?

1210saad

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
Ya the phone still performs very well. I just got lollipop and I love it, gave my phone a new life.
And no there is no way to enable LTE without root. HSPA+ is pretty fast if you ask me.

jdbii

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
I think you got a good deal and the Nexus 4 is still a great phone imo. I installed Lollipop and it handles it great. Phone feels brand new.

1210saad

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
Have you noticed any improvement in battery life? How about camera performance? Does the camera app open quickly and does it take quick snaps?
The battery is not that good, the battery saver doesn't make much difference either. The camera app opens up quick and the snaps are a little faster.

coolqf

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
Have you noticed any improvement in battery life? How about camera performance? Does the camera app open quickly and does it take quick snaps?
To give you an idea... The phone has more CPU power and RAM than the new Moto G 2014. However, less battery.

I actually like the Nexus 4 a lot more now with Lollipop enough that I won't be purchasing the Nexus 6. Battery life has improved, but because it just came out, I suspect some apps may behave improperly. The improvement of battery life is minimal though... Camera app is a little faster. Pictures are taken right away once the camera loads.

Linh321

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
You're asking? Hell yeah it's a good deal for a phone like the Nexus 4. Even though it's two years older than the motor vehicle is processing speed and ram are twice as much and build quality is upper end spectrum!

Posted via Android Central App with LG Google Nexus 4

sibeans

Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
You got a great deal, now just get a proper case (like the official bumper), update to 5.0, and you'll be good to go.

To get LTE, you will need to root. HSPA+ is actually not bad if you're in a good coverage area.

Sicily1918

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
Last edited:

coolqf

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
It's a good deal if you compare it against the average price of the phone today. However, if you measure it according to how long it will last you, it may be a bad deal. If you'll only have it for 1yr, then that's technically $150 per year. While if you had purchased it when it came out ($350), it would be $90 per year, assuming you would have kept it until 2015 as well, which would have actually made the phone 40% cheaper than what you actually paid today.

32gig

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site
I think it is still a great deal. What other phones out there today at that price are worth comparing? And don't say the moto g, because other than the 2nd gen of moto g screen size, the nexus 4 still has better specs.

Posted via Android Central App

Linh321

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
I think it is still a great deal. What other phones out there today at that price are worth comparing? And don't say the moto g, because other than the 2nd gen of moto g screen size, the nexus 4 still has better specs.

Posted via Android Central App

True that and I have a feeling that this phone will last another two more years! If Google stop supporting it there's always CyanogenMod Custom ROMs

Linh321

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
If your battery gives out? Get a new new one and a few micro screw drivers and a YouTube video for instructions boom! There you go

CoMoNexus

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
If Lollipop increases battery life as much as some people report, then I'll probably hang onto my N4 for at least another two years. Exchange, browsing and navigation are my three must-haves -- SMS and calling aren't going anywhere -- so as long as it supports those, I wouldn't consider getting a new phone. Apps just that aren't that important to me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
axool