Battery Life on Lollipop

willdogs

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Is Awesome!
I've been running lollipop for 3 days now and using the same apps and using the phone as I normally would. I usually unplug my N4 every morning around 7AM and by bedtime it's about 10% remaining.

After I installed lollipop, it averages about 35%-40% battery remaining at bedtime.

It seems they have really figured out how to minimize idle battery drain now...

Anyone else getting awesome battery life now?

saintforlife

May 1, 2012
Visit site
Are there any best practices for getting maximum battery life out of the Nexus 4...certain things you can do to eek out extra life? I am coming from an iPhone 5 and am slightly nervous about battery life on the N4. I'd like my phone to last at least a full day on normal use as I don't always have access to a charger during the day.

CoMoNexus

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
Are there any best practices for getting maximum battery life out of the Nexus 4...certain things you can do to eek out extra life?

Basically the same tips that apply to any phone: turn off Wi-Fi, GPS and Bluetooth when you don't need them, minimize screen brightness or use the auto-brightness feature, and limit the frequency with which apps check for new information. In my experience, though, none of that makes a huge difference, and I'm lucky to get to 5 p.m. before the battery goes dead on days when I'm out and about most of the time. That's why I'm really interested in whether the Project Volta features of Lollipop significantly extend battery life. If not, I'll probably get the Lumia 1520.

RGB-15

Nov 19, 2014
Visit site
I don't really notice any change, if anything battery life is slightly worse. For some reason they removed the auto brightness function so I'm constantly having to manually adjust it.

willdogs

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I still have auto brightness. They just renamed it "adaptive brightness" under Settings>Display

Alternatively you can control auto brightness via the power control widget

Octaviannn

May 23, 2013
Visit site
Yeah man the lollipop battery life is awesome! I'm coming from CM11 to lollipop and it definetly made my screen time last 1 h longer!

Posted via the Android Central App

zorak950

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
My battery life is definitely improved, but not drastically. It's hard to tell exactly because of the changes to how battery stats are measured in Lollipop; it seems to drain significantly slower to about 30-40%, then rapidly to zero from there. On Kit Kat the battery stats showed a much more consistent drain throughout the day. It could be that it's still recalibrating because I wiped my phone and flashed Lollipop, I'm not sure.

CoMoNexus

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
I got it about 18 hours ago via OTA, and the battery life is noticeably longer in that brief time. That's all been on Wi-Fi, so the real test will come when I'm out and about all day later this week.

RGB-15

Nov 19, 2014
Visit site
Adaptive brightness is not the same as auto-brightness.

I can't post links yet, but google "auto-brightness is gone" and the first link explains it.

Will_Oliver

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Indeed it's amazing. I just updated it today, and decided to go back to original launcher(I have ss original and Nova prime), to see the new features and the battery life it's amazing, I can't believe it.

Posted via Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trudycharles