Nexus 4 guest user battery drain?

Clark Ye

Feb 24, 2013
Visit site
Hi all,

I recently got the Android Lollipop update OTA and through the first week I've been getting a strange battery drain involved with the guest user.
It started when I tried out the guest account. When I switched back to my personal account the guest account kept draining battery, so I deleted it. After that it still drained my battery but instead of 'guest account' in the battery chart it said 'removed account'.

Screenshot_2014-11-19-19-18-21.pngScreenshot_2014-11-19-22-57-02.png

Anyone have a solution to fix this? I've tried rebooting but that does not help at all.

On a positive note, my Nexus 4 running Android Lollipop has absolutely mind-boggling battery life. Even with this constant wakelock of the guest, I still get ~1 hour more usage than what I got with Android 4.4.4. I could only imagine what type of battery I'd get if I didn't have the guest wakelock PLUS there is the battery saving mode as well. Project volta works extremely well, and I am very happy with this new OS!!

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Wipe your cache in recovery... if you are on stock recovery just Google it, it is very easy and non-destructive, although with ART being the runtime now, the first boot after wiping the cache will take a while.

If that doesn't work, I would honestly just factory default... getting into the user stuff now that the user doesn't exist would require root access and some fancy playing around with adb and could break something else. Too bad you deleted the user without finding out what process was keeping the device awake first.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1