Why is my Nexus 4 stuck on the password screen with Lollipop?

neokona

Nov 25, 2014
Visit site
Nexus 4 stuck on pasword screen with lolipop!

Hello every body!

I did install lollipop when the update prompt on the phone and since that time, I had some problems.

My battery drain really fast. and the some keys on the keyboard doesn't work any more. Maybe because I was using swift keyboard and uninstall it after lollipop have been install...

Now my phone is encrypted and last time I turn off and on the phone, when it ask for the first password, the number 3 on the keyboard doesn't work any more.

I tried to restart the phone on recovery mode and the only thing I have on the screen is No command!!

Please help!!

neokona

Nov 25, 2014
Visit site
Re: Nexus 4 stuck on pasword screen with lolipop!

Hello B.Diddy!

Thanks a lot for the reply!

I did try the wiping the cache partition with success.

But after that when I reboot my phone, it ask again for the first password, because my phone is encrypted, and the number 3 on the keyboard doesn't work.

Thanks!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

It might be an issue with your screen/digitizer, then. Perhaps that one area where the 3 is has become faulty.

neokona

Nov 25, 2014
Visit site

Well I did a wipe data factory reset!!!!

God dam it I've lost everything!!

Damn me I should have done backups before installing lolipop!

At lest I can use the phone again!

Thanks a lot for you help! It was much appreciated!!

neokona

Nov 25, 2014
Visit site
So even with a wipe data and a factory reset, the keyboard propblem haven't been resolve.

With the phone on vertical, The letter e and c doesn't work. But it work when the phone is on horizontal.

I've tried with the swiftkey keyboard and still the same problem.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
So is it always the same absolute location on the screen that isn't registering? In other words, are the screen locations where the "e" and "c" are on the keyboard with the phone in portrait also unresponsive when in landscape? If so, then you have a problem with the digitizer. It would likely need to be replaced.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
So are you confirming that there's a physical problem with the screen/digitizer? Because I'm just trying to differentiate between a physical screen problem and a software problem.

neokona

Nov 25, 2014
Visit site
You bet B.Diddy!

I just find it strange! It was working alright and the problems started right after lolipop have been installed...

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I wonder if the screen problem actually existed before Lollipop, and perhaps the update to the Google Keyboard changed the position of the letters slightly so that those two are now in problem zones.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mama