My Nexus 4, why doesn't my screen turn on when locked and when there is an incoming call?

yon-yon

Nov 27, 2014
Visit site
Lollipop, Nexus 4, screen doesn't turn on when locked and there is an incoming call

since upgrading to android 5, the screen doesn't turn on when there is an incoming call, and i have to unlock to answer. (and now it takes twice as long to unlock, why oh why did i upgrade).
i couldn't find an answer to this question in the forums...

please help

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Lollipop, Nexus 4, screen doesn't turn on when locked and there is an incoming call

Welcome to Android Central! Do you have any other lockscreen apps that were previously installed?

John Harper4

Nov 28, 2014
Visit site
Re: Lollipop, Nexus 4, screen doesn't turn on when locked and there is an incoming call

It is happening to me too since upgrading. Has anyone an answer?

gn2moab

Feb 5, 2013
Visit site

I found that the camera flash on ring notification is the culprit on our nexus 5. I disabled it and it works fine now.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

I found that the camera flash on ring notification is the culprit on our nexus 5. I disabled it and it works fine now.

I'm not familiar with that setting--is that on a stock Nexus 5, or are you using a 3rd party app?

smokinguns

Dec 11, 2014
Visit site

I have the same issue. I've tried to increase the sleep duration from 1 min to 2 mins and it didn't do the trick.

When I Sideloaded the APK file, i had this issue and after an attempt to re-lock the bootloader - the issue went away and now it's back again. I am not sure what fixed it but appears to be a configuration of sorts to be broken as the issue re-appeared.

Did any one have any luck with this?

I can't find any Flash notification in Accessibility settings (that's where its supposed to be) on Lollipop on my Nexus 4. I know that iOS has this feature as it doesn't have a notification indicator.

Update 2 -

Guys.. Looks like some others on Nexus5 Lollipop have the same issues and found the culprit.

If you're using Velis Auto Brightness then disable it for now. There appears to be some bug that has been acknowledged officially

forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=57202129&postcount=1580

And I believe a fix is on the way.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech