Bypassing activation screen

KTKareen

Apr 12, 2013
Visit site
Title says it all but there's a big twist on my case, I want to bypass my lollipop activation screen on my N4 but only the 10% of the digitizer responds to touch (the top 10% of the screen) I was wondering if there's anyway I can bypass it now? I plan on getting the screen fixed soon but I wanna play with the new lollipop already lol

Posted via the Android Central App

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
If you can see what's on the screen, you can use an USB OTG cable and connect a mouse/keyboard for input on your screen. Or if you can activate Bluetooth or have paired a BT Mouse/Keyboard before, you can do that as well.

rhea

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
If you can see what's on the screen, you can use an USB OTG cable and connect a mouse/keyboard for input on your screen. Or if you can activate Bluetooth or have paired a BT Mouse/Keyboard before, you can do that as well.

Your suggestion is great; but, even though it's been over a year since I had a Nexus 4, I'm pretty sure OTG won't work on N4 without a kernel that enables USB Host plus a Y OTG cable that provides the N4 with power to host a connected device. If OP has this set up, then your suggestion for OTG should work.
If not, the Bluetooth connection may work, though.

Sent from my son's iPad using Tapatalk

KTKareen

Apr 12, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for your replies, ii accidently figured out how to get past the activation screen. I'll say it for people who read this in the future. In the activation screen (blue page with "welcome" and yellowish button) but I activated accessibility by (I THINK, im not sure how exactly to activate this)pressing onto the screen for a while and you'll get voice confirmation that it works and you'll be able to scroll around using up down left right gestures and double tapping for selecting things. IF at least some parts of your screen is responding to touch. The less responsive your screen, the harder it'll be to navigate

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2