Nexus 4 : I'm still on KitKat 4.4.4 i missed 5.0 OTA and now i am not having OTA 5.0 or 5.0.1

Skybolt_101

Dec 23, 2014
Visit site
In my Nexus 4 I got OTA 5.0 update reminders in last month but i didn't update my 4.4.4 to 5.0. I was waiting for the reviews of 5.0 on Nexus 4. Now my Nexus 4 is not offering me 5.0 or 5.0.1 OTA.
Getting message "your system is up to date" while checking for updates is Settings => About Phone => System update

Need support fro your side.
Screenshot_2014-12-24-00-58-15 - Copy.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-12-24-00-58-15.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-12-24-00-58-15.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 125

Dylon Saaied

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
I am in the same boat, but if you know how to sideload it, you can do that with ADB just find the right ota package file and sideload it.
You can search on google/youtube on how to do it.
My problem is now that apparently my build.prop file has been changed and now I cant even update it through ADB!
Good luck man! :D

zhukr

Jul 3, 2014
Visit site
Well considering the numerous negative reports about 5.0/5.01 maybe that's a good thing, for the moment. I'm certainly not about to jump from Kitkat just yet.

pjc123

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
Just flash the factory image with the "-w" removed from flash-all.bat so you don't overwrite your existing data and apps (I flashed 5.0 and then immediately flashed 5.0.1 without any issues). I gave it a month for things to settle down before I upgraded from 4.4.4 to 5.0.1 and couldn't be happier; rock solid and much, much faster than Kitkat. I too read a lot of complaints about issues with Lollipop, but personally I haven't experienced any problems; I guess it depends a lot on how you use the phone and what you have installed on it. The only thing I miss a little is the Xposed Framework program, but I found replacements for most things.

Last edited:

Mark Brough

Feb 11, 2013
Visit site
Me too - I am no longer offered Lollipop, although was for several weeks. If I do a factory reset, would that force installation of Lollipop?

vlee

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
Yep, same here. I got the original notification a while back and sat on it, waiting to hear how 5.0 was going and let other shake out the issues. Then all of a sudden, the notification disappeared. Not I don't have any notifications for 5.0 or 5.01. I don't know how to flash or sideload, so I'm not anxious to tackle that.

When the 5.0 notification disappeared several weeks ago, someone else who'd encountered that thought it meant Google was about to push the 5.01 update. If they are still getting around to doing that, fine, but I'm beginning to wonder if perhaps some glitch made them overlook those of us who are still on 4.4.4.:eek:

gapgapman

Nov 14, 2014
Visit site
I had the same thing happen. The day I was going to finally install, the notification disappeared. Haven't seen it since. Go figure. Its my only phone so I waited until they created an update and wanted to update on a weekend... Waited just a bit too long.

5L Mustang

Jun 20, 2013
Visit site
Heck I still have never even received the 5.0 OTA on my nexus 4!!! Maybe it's because Google has used the U.S. as their test pilots for lollipop and it won't be released to Canada until it is working properly? Kit Kat works perfect anyways so I can't really complain.

Posted via Nexus 4

Mark Brough

Feb 11, 2013
Visit site
No, that's not the reason (USA only). I was offered Lollipop in the UK. (But as I said, the offer was withdrawn after I had declined for a few weeks.)

5L Mustang

Jun 20, 2013
Visit site
Maybe to many bugs so they pulled it until it is running better? Seems like the people who have side loaded it have really enjoyed lollipop?

Posted via Nexus 4

dmort

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
I have a Google nexus 5 and lollipop. I have a problem with recharging. When the charge is full I get random changes in operations ie I have had the wallpaper change. Does anyone have this problem or know how to fix it?

Jack Nabors

Jan 13, 2015
Visit site
I have yet to be offered 5.0 (Canada. Koodo) -- Have been trying to sideload, The computer says the drivers are fine when the phone is on, and the USB Debugging is connected etc. but the minute I switch it over to recover mode (ie: when the phone is willing to accept the 5.0 patch) and do the abd devices search int he CMD line the device is all of a sudden absent again-- Wish someone could at least tell me why one of those is going on

Mark Brough

Feb 11, 2013
Visit site
How about Jack if you take a look at one of the several threads about sideloading Lollipop, and leave this thread to discussion of if/when Lollipop will/has been delivered OTA.

vlee

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
Finally got a notification sometime yesterday afternoon to update to 5.01 (currently on 4.4.4).

So once again I'm waiting ... to see if there are any comments on it and more importantly to wait until the weekend so that "just in case", I'm not left without a phone while driving home through the lovely neighborhood where I work! Hope they don't yank this notification any time soon. (Or if there is a problem, yank it fast).

5L Mustang

Jun 20, 2013
Visit site
5.0.1 showed up on my nexus 4 last night. I haven't installed it yet though. Maybe it will disappear? I like kit Kat and don't want to have any problems with lollipop.

Posted via Nexus 4

jeremmar

Feb 24, 2013
Visit site
Also have been sitting on the lollipop Update. Now offered the 5.0.1. Anybody had any problems with 5.0.1 on the N4?

Posted via Android Central App

drew_t

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
I have had 5.0.1 running for 24 hours. No problems at all, and very pleasant to use. I wouldn't hesitate to let the update be downloaded and installed.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Finally got a notification sometime yesterday afternoon to update to 5.01 (currently on 4.4.4).

So once again I'm waiting ... to see if there are any comments on it and more importantly to wait until the weekend so that "just in case", I'm not left without a phone while driving home through the lovely neighborhood where I work! Hope they don't yank this notification any time soon. (Or if there is a problem, yank it fast).

I have it too, but don't intend to accept it as I have Lollipop on two other devices and I'd like to keep KitKat on the N4. I suppose we could download, but not install unless and until we're ready to.

Posted via the Android Central App