battery drain

gjbrns

Mar 20, 2013
Visit site
Once again I suddenly find a massive battery drain and when I check I find WiFi has somehow managed to turn itself on even though I have it configured so that WiFi should only be on when charging. Presumably this is what is draining the battery. It is happening even with battery saver turned on. I will try it with battery saver off in case this is causing it. Any suggestions gratefully received.

Posted via Android Central App

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
When you see that wi-fi has been on, what happens if you go in and toggle it on and off a few times? Does it stay on? I recently noticed this occur on my Nexus 5 running 5.0.1, and the battery graph showed the wi-fi finally turned off after I toggled it a couple of times. In my case, though, even with wi-fi on, I didn't notice any unusual battery drain.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
True--wi-fi being on in and of itself shouldn't drain battery. It's what apps might be doing over wi-fi that can suck juice.

gjbrns

Mar 20, 2013
Visit site
Have turned off battery saver altogether and configured WiFi so that the only time it should be on is when I turn it on and getting much improved battery life. I suspect battery saver was somehow allowing WiFi to turn itself on and drain the battery. I will now try battery saver again and see what happens.

Posted via Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2