Nexus 4 dead zones thoch screen

mivv246

Jan 18, 2015
Visit site
I brought a nexus 4 from a local site like ebay. The seller didn't told me that his phone is having problem with touch screen. I has about 4 dead zones on the thouch are one on the left side on vertical and rest of them are horizontally. I tryed the method of charging the phone the hole night from laptop's usb, pulling out all the display and touch screen connectors and putting them back and a method that I read on this forum from a guy who had problems with soft keys. Nothing worked. I also made a downgrade to android 4.2.2 and upgrade it back to 5.0.1. Same thing on all versions. Now I'm thinking to change the entyre display assembly (lcd + digitizer). Whould this problem dissapear if I change this things or I need to change the motherboard ?

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
It sounds like you have a bad digitizer. Changing that may be difficult, but there should be plenty of resources with instructions online.

Since you received it like that, without warning, I'd suggest getting a refund and sending it back. You bought a product that was expected to work and not have issues, which is clearly has problems.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX