How do I turn off the stock camera sounds?

kmcochran

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
I think there was a file that I downloaded previously to turn off the camera sounds. Does anyone know what that is our how to turn off the stock camera sounds?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
I don't know the file or how to do it specifically in the N4, but it's illegal to take a picture without making a sound in some places - which is why the phony "click" was put into Android in the first place. (In some jurisdictions, it's considered felonious invasion of privacy and you get to spend at least a year in prison. So check your local laws before you do it.)

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
^^^That's an interesting fact....it would never have occurred to me that it might be so.

Posted via the Android Central App

Double Tap

Feb 16, 2010
Visit site
^^^That's an interesting fact....it would never have occurred to me that it might be so.

Posted via the Android Central App

You must be kidding. Every point and shoot camera I have owned has the ability to turn off the sound built into the stock software.

Posted via Android Central App

Double Tap

Feb 16, 2010
Visit site
No, the bit about it being illegal in some places to take photographs silently.

I should have quoted the post referring to the it being illegal to photograph silently. There's no place in the USA where taking a photo silently is illegal.

As I said every point and shoot camera I have owned and there were more than 15 has had the ability to turn off sounds.

Posted via Android Central App