Why isn't my wifes' Nexus 4 Google calendar syncing?

diggerbarnz

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
wifes' nexus 4 google calendar not syncing

any events created on mobile do NOT show up on desktop - phone SAYS that sync is working (bad time to find out as she uses it for business & it's tax time!)

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: wifes' nexus 4 google calendar not syncing

Welcome to Android Central! Go to Settings>Accounts-Google>[her Google account], and make sure Calendar is checked on. Also, make sure the events she's entering are being associated with the correct calendar.

diggerbarnz

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site

Welcome to Android Central! Go to Settings>Accounts-Google>[her Google account], and make sure Calendar is checked on. Also, make sure the events she's entering are being associated with the correct calendar.

Thanks BDiddy - I've checked & double checked -NOW I'm starting to wonder IF her calendar app is stock & NOT google calendar! That's the only thing that seems to make sense...but being a "google phone". . .it should just work! But it aint

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Nexus 4 should only have the Google Calendar as its preinstalled calendar app. Is Auto-Sync turned on?

Last edited:

diggerbarnz

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site

yeah - thing is... on her tablet - things are synced - but to go to her google on web & look...nothing, very strange(that's where I expected to see it)

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Are you sure she's selecting the right calendar to display on Google Calendar on the web? Any way you could post a screenshot of her Google Calendar on the web? Edit out any sensitive info, of course, before posting.

diggerbarnz

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site

thanks for bearing w/me - here's a pic of "nothing scheduled" . . .I'm scared to death of even clicking sync for fear of the "nothingness" transferring over to her phone & wiping out what should be there - she's one belt shy of blackbelt! - but I do notice far right above sync w/device it says offline - answerin my own question?wifey.jpg

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

How much did you crop that image? Is there a column to the left of the calendar with a mini-view of the month, and two headers for "My calendars" and "Other calendars"?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

If you enter an event on Google Calendar on your computer browser, does it sync over to the phone? Is it only events you enter on the phone that aren't syncing to the cloud?

diggerbarnz

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site

yes - it synced to both phone & tablet...not the other way - I'll attempt to print off future events & THEN I'll hit the sync on web - I see now that she's got 2 accounts going on between hotmail & Gmail...there's SOME of the confusion w/unwanted Bdays & such -thanks for your help, I believe I'll get it goin now

Last edited:

diggerbarnz

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site

hey - I got it - it was her windows live calendar that had all the info....successfully imported into gmail - she could care less but I'm sure happy - thanks again for your efforts & patience.

Now I'm scared to show wifey - dunno if she'' kiss OR kill me!

Last edited:

diggerbarnz

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site

Now here's the weirdest thing - both on phone & tab, she was missing data from several months starting Jan 2014 - since import the Gmail has filled the missing portion yet the phone & tab are missing that data still - no matter, can refer to it anyhow & future events should sync :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae