Why do I keep dropping wifi connection?

Double Tap

Feb 16, 2010
Visit site
I have asked this in the Nexus 4 section and not received any replies. I am hoping that I get a solution here

Over the past day or two my stock Nexus 4 seems to drop the wifi connection no matter what ever network I am on, be it at home or away from home.
Within 15-30 seconds it reconnects.

I did a full factory reset a few weeks ago so I am sure that did not cause the problem and I don't think doing it again will cure the problem plus the hassle of getting everything back to just how I like it.

As an additional bit of information earlier this afternoon I received the 5.1 upgrade and it did not solve the problem.

Any ideas of what is wrong and a cure ?

Last edited:

Double Tap

Feb 16, 2010
Visit site
Re: Keeps dropping wifi connection

Does it occur on Safe Mode? This can help determine if some app is causing the problem (which could still have happened after the factory reset if you reinstalled the app again). https://support.google.com/nexus/answer/2852139?hl=en

Belodion Ambassador was kind to send me a link to your WiFi guide. I read it and turned off 5G. This seems to have solved the problem.

Ironically I thought that this might be the problem so I went to the router and disabled 5G

Posted via the Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams