Nexus 4 android 5.1 update. Is it worth it?

Niloofar6

Jun 28, 2013
Visit site
My nexus 4 works well and I need it. The last update brought so many advantages and the famous call-no- sound bug which I was wondering if 5.1 update will fix.
Did you install it? If yes did you experience bugs? Do you recommend updating? Tnx a lot

Sent from my Nexus 4 using AC Forums mobile app

cpaight

Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Did you have any other issues, other than the no sound on calls bug, with that last update? I still haven't accepted it cuz my N4 works fantastically and everyone seems to have issues with Lollipop.

Niloofar6

Jun 28, 2013
Visit site
Did you have any other issues, other than the no sound on calls bug, with that last update? I still haven't accepted it cuz my N4 works fantastically and everyone seems to have issues with Lollipop.

No further problems. And the no sound on calls bug doesn't happen so frequently for me.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using AC Forums mobile app

IMGOR

Apr 21, 2015
Visit site
After I updated today my Nexus 4 from Android 5.0 to Android 5.1 sync is not working and all my contacts don't appear on device. It's always "Contact list is being updated" message and endlessly running sync of Contacts. All other applications synced successfully.

I have all my contacts on my Google account but Nexus 4 is in trouble and I can't use it.

What can I do to fix a problem?

Diego Carmona

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site
I installed it's been 4 days and it's far more stable than 5.0. It's faster, smoother, etc. No bugs found so far, except for a music lag I have since 5.0, which must be connected to something else.

Posted via the Android Central App

gtt1

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site
After I updated today my Nexus 4 from Android 5.0 to Android 5.1 sync is not working and all my contacts don't appear on device. It's always "Contact list is being updated" message and endlessly running sync of Contacts. All other applications synced successfully.

I have all my contacts on my Google account but Nexus 4 is in trouble and I can't use it.

What can I do to fix a problem?

Have you tried restarting again also if that doesn't fix things try clearing cache.

Wipe cache partition

If the phone is not working correctly, you may need to master reset it and also clear the cache partition. These two resets clear different parts of the phone storage. Unlike a master reset, wiping the cache partition does not delete your personal data.

To wipe the cache partition, follow these steps:

Back up all necessary data that is on the internal memory.
Turn off the device.
Press and hold the Volume Up and the Volume Down and Power keys at the same time for about 10 seconds.
An image of an Android lying on its back will appear.
Press the Volume Down key twice until "Recovery mode" appears on the screen.
Press the Power key to restart in "Recovery mode."
An image of an Android with a red triangle will appear.
While holding down the Power key, tap the Volume Up key.
The Android System Recovery screen will appear. Release all keys.
Use the Volume keys to scroll to wipe data cache partition and press the Power key to select.
The phone will restart.

5L Mustang

Jun 20, 2013
Visit site
I installed it's been 4 days and it's far more stable than 5.0. It's faster, smoother, etc. No bugs found so far, except for a music lag I have since 5.0, which must be connected to something else.

Good to know thx!!! Maybe I'll install it

Posted via Nexus 4

Kevin Harvell

May 31, 2012
Visit site
Only issue I've run across is I've, so far, lost my game save progress in Transformers Battle Tactics.

I've noticed the device runs much smoother though. Was getting pretty darn laggy the last few weeks especially.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freyon77