Nexus 4 Can't Connect To PC

nigerianmahogany

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
As the title says. I know there are some posts on the Internet out there on various fixes. But I've tried everything. The biggest factor stopping me is the fact that whenever I connect my Nexus 4 to my computer, it only charges. It does not connect to the computer at all. There is no sound and there is no pop up. If I open Device Manager, it is nowhere to be found. I have no idea how to uninstall drivers and such if it does not even appear on the PC. I'm using the original USB cable that came with the phone. Any help would be appreciated.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Cables can fail, so it's worth trying one or two different cables. If you have access to another computer, it may be helpful to try plugging it in there, to see if the problem is with your main computer.

If that doesn't work, try installing the USB driver from here: Google USB Driver | Android Developers

drew_t

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
Settings - - > Storage - - > Tap the three dots in the upper right corner - - > Tap the pop-up ("USB computer connection" ) - - > make sure that either media device (MTP) or camera (PTP) is checked.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apkmodyo