Why won't my phone turn on?

Smithers475

May 22, 2015
Visit site
Phone Won't Turn On

Hello, my friend gave me his Nexus 4 to replace the screen, once I managed to get that finished the phone won't seem to charge/switch on. I have tried the solution of holding down the volume down button and power button at the same time while you plug the phone in to bring up the boot menu and then have tried starting it from there. Majority of the time it won't even come on to do that and when it does it just switched back off again, the furthest I have got is to the google logo on start up of the phone. Only thing I can think off is the battery may be too drained to hold any charge and needs a new battery. Would this be the case? Or is there something else that it could be? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Welcome to the Nexus 4 forum. :)

Did the phone boot up okay before you replaced the screen? If not, it may be that the battery has become discharged through long disuse. In that case, plug it in to the charger and leave it for a long time....up to a day....before trying it again.

***To what extent it may be dangerous to try to charge a failing or damaged battery, I'm not sure, but please observe sensible precautions.***

Posted via the Android Central App

Last edited: