Nexus 4 won't turn on, No led light either

KeremcanC

Jun 15, 2015
Visit site
Hello everyone, today I moved my photos from my phone to my computer and then I decided I can restart the phone, so I turned it off and when I tried to turn it on, nothing happened. Battery wasn't even empty.

But I put it in charger anyway and tried volume down+power trick that used to work but even that didn't work(probably because now leds are not working either so problem is not hybernation)

Any ideas?..

KeremcanC

Jun 15, 2015
Visit site
Thanks!

I am not sure about what my battery level was but it was probably more than 25% since I was moving photos to my computer for like an hour.

No matter how long I keep pressing volume down ,volume up and the power key (step 3) my phone doesn't react. Just a black screen.

I also tried same things while phone is on charger or connected as a usb device to my pc.

No led lights visible at all while doing all of these.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Let it sit charging undisturbed on a wall outlet for 4-6 hours, then try again. If it still doesn't turn on, I'd wonder about a sudden battery failure. The worst case scenario is that the motherboard failed.

Lori Stocks

Jun 16, 2015
Visit site
It wont turn on and there is no LED light that is on or even blinks. I tried holding the power button firmly in for 30-45 seconds nothing happened. What do I do?

Pokku3

Oct 3, 2012
Visit site
Mine died yesterday, after 3 years and 2 months of use. Neither long pressing Power (with or without Volume Down and/or Volume Up) nor letting it charge for a few hours helped. I know it charged correctly because it warmed up a little while charging and cooled off afterwards (= full battery), yet it would still not switch on.

For the record, for a few months prior to this my Nexus 4 occasionally had the following issues:
  • not hearing the other party during calls (while they could usually, but not always, hear me)
  • changing the screen brightness wouldn't work
  • the camera wouldn't work ("Can't connect to camera") – apparently this isn't exclusive to Nexus 4 devices
These always required a reboot in order to fix them. I urge anyone experiencing these issues to backup important data in case your Nexus 4 abruptly suffers the same fate.

I have yet to try disconnecting the battery cable after opening the back cover, but I doubt it's going to help :'(
Update / Edit: It actually did help! If you have the same problem, follow the instructions on iFixit to disconnect and reconnect the battery cable. That did the trick for me! :)

My inner sceptic's opinion: Since I am not the only one to have a dead Nexus 4, I can only suspect that this was a pre-progammed failure.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair