Nexus 4 - Bootloop Following Contact With Water? Or recent update?

yanock

Jul 30, 2013
Visit site
Hello,

Here is my story : end of last wwek, my phone fall in a small amount of water (1cm) on the top (jack side). I wiped it very fast and use it for the next 30 min, everything is good. and then i let it 2 hours (charging or not i don't remember, i don't know if it can matter). After that i find it bootlooping was there an update, end of last week? Anyway i let it in that state at least 30 min and even more and then tried to restart it not better. I also tried a wipe cache and after that a factory reset, nothing...

Yersterday back to home, i tried to flash the 5.0.1 factory image ( didn't want to take the 5.1, because i feared a possible bad update on the image maybe) nothing better, even worst because after after some time of bootlooping, i've got the red light flashing :/
Same goes for the 4.4 flash but small miracle, it's working 4.2.2... During all those tries, i did some oem lock and unlock before and after each flash.

So my phone is working with the first version of android available, which is not the best.... I also tried the OTA update to the 4.3 and i also got stuck to a bootloop

I also tried to install the lastest version of cyanogen and it's working but no WIFI connection so i got back to 4.2...

I dont like the idea, but it might be a hardware problem... Maybe a failing memory slot, or an unused component until then.
So it brings me 2 questions : how and where could i find logs after a failed update?
And how could i efficiently test my hardware CPU, RAM, as we can do on a computer?

Or any other idea?

Thanks in advance.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz