Official Google Announcement: No Android 6 Marshmallow for the Nexus 4

pjc123

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
So I was listening to the new product announcement talks this morning and they announced that their will be no Android 6 Marshmallow for the Nexus 4. For those that are going to move to an alternate ROM, what will it be? Although I know how to, I have never installed an alternate ROM, as rooted with Xposed framework gave me enough to play around with and all the features I needed. Would CyanogenMod be a good stable OS choice when their version of Marshmallow is released (CM13)?

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
I'm currently using SimpleAOSP cause I hate stock lollipop. There will likely be a decent CM build of Marshmallow for the N4, which I won't use because I think they've lost their way.

Not really impressed with the 5X or 6P so I've ordered a Oneplus 2 for better or worse... Don't really like how they operate either though, man I'm negative lol.

Wubba lubba dub dub!

5L Mustang

Jun 20, 2013
Visit site
Only 23% of devices even have lollipop so I don't really feel left out. My N4 still runs awesome and as smooth as butter so no desperation for a new phone and OS here.
I think 3/4"s of apps still have to master running on lollipop anyways and aren't terribly worried about Marshmallow considering the percentage of phones that will be running Marshmallow.
Don't get me wrong I'd love a bigger screen,better camera and longer battery life not to mention a finger print sensor but I'm not jumping ship unless the N5X is really worth it.

Posted via Nexus 4

pjc123

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress