Nexus 4 Boot Problems

Saulo35

Oct 1, 2015
Visit site
Hi,

I have a unrooted Nexus 4. A couple months ago it was submerged in water for a couple minutes. I dried it up and it survived. However, I am in the following cycle now:

1. Disconnect the battery
  2. Reconnect the battery and power up
  3. Phone starts normally and stays like that
  4. Power down
  5. Power up.
  6. Goes into an endless boot animation (4 colored balls)
  7. Power down
  8. Powers up by itself. Back to point 6

If I connect the charger and power down, then it stays powered down. The "battery charging" icon appears in the middle of the screen.

I did several factory resets.
I purchased a new battery.
Still shows the same behavior.

Any suggestions?
Thank you.

Ragemode

Aug 20, 2015
Visit site
Hi,

I have a unrooted Nexus 4. A couple months ago it was submerged in water for a couple minutes. I dried it up and it survived. However, I am in the following cycle now:

1. Disconnect the battery
  2. Reconnect the battery and power up
  3. Phone starts normally and stays like that
  4. Power down
  5. Power up.
  6. Goes into an endless boot animation (4 colored balls)
  7. Power down
  8. Powers up by itself. Back to point 6

If I connect the charger and power down, then it stays powered down. The "battery charging" icon appears in the middle of the screen.

I did several factory resets.
I purchased a new battery.
Still shows the same behavior.

Any suggestions?
Thank you.

And there was no os update prior to this?

Saulo35

Oct 1, 2015
Visit site
It all started with the Nexus 4 going underwater. It was up to date at that time. There may have been a factory update a few days before the incident, I don't remember. By now, I have factory reset it several times. So, at the beginning of Step 1 in my description above, you may consider the phone being at factory OS level, whatever that was - maybe 4.x.

So, no.

Ragemode

Aug 20, 2015
Visit site
Factory reset does not revert the system updates. I suspect that the latest update could have messed up your phone. Maybe try to flash in the latest stock image?

Saulo35

Oct 1, 2015
Visit site
OK, I got the impression that a factory reset did revert to the OS version at the time of shipping (I think I checked the version one of the few times I could actually get access to the OS), but I could be wrong. In any case, could you send me a link to somewhere the flash procedure is explained?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1