How do I re-calibrate the touch screen of a Nexus 4 with a swipe pattern screen lock?

A

AC Question

How to re-calibrate the touch screen of a Nexus4 with a swipe pattern screen lock?

I have a Nexus4 that took a fall when I fell on a bike rider. I had tried to use the keyboard to create a message but I was having difficulty as it was not picking up the letters correctly. I finished my ride and was still having issues, and figured that the touch screen calibration was off. I figured I would reboot the phone and maybe it would clear the issue, but no. I have a pattern screen lock and when I try to swipe the pattern it tells me that it is incorrect.

1. how can I turn off the screen lock?
2. how can I re-calibrate the touch screen?

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
Re: How to re-calibrate the touch screen of a Nexus4 with a swipe pattern screen lock?

You don't calibrate capacitive touch screens. They can't be calibrated. They have to be replaced. Any error on sensitivity of capacitive touch screens means a resistor is broken. Only resistive screens need calibration. No smartphone has been made with resistive screen for at least the past 5 years.

Chris Le Sueur

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
I don't think that is right. After I replaced a broken Nexus 4 screen, it would only register touches if you held another finger somewhere on the screen, and after rebooting, would only register if TWO other fingers were held on the screen! Only resetting the phone completely fixed the problem, so I think something about the reset process must run a calibration of some kind.

Now the problem has surfaced again and I would like to know how to calibrate without resetting everything.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995